It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Quadtastrophe Reports 

Post Quadtastrophe Reports
Saturday Market/Waterfront Skate (9:00am – 11:00am)

4 people in attendance. Myself, Next, Mob, and a Wrecker. Skated the loop and to the hangar in about two hours (super relaxed pace)

Noted that OMSI has 3 parking lots which are not in view of each other, the Wrecker expressed that finding parking was difficult. Possibly find another meetup place for next year.

Quote of the trip: "I think I'm the only bank manager with a mohawk."

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:07 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Quadtastrophe Reports
Skate park tour was flippin' sweet- Pier and Glenhaven were awesome! Will post pics later.

Burnside and Ed Benedict tomorrow!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Scrimmage was fun. Had to relocate to Buckman school, but no big deal. Had a blast laying out the track with our engineering crew! I really like the co-ed play; I can't think of any other sport where co-ed play is so much fun. More tomorrow followed by the BBQ at my place (1125 SE Rex Street).

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:46 am
Hangover skate went well, we enjoyed some quality eats and then hauled it over the Burnside bridge to the original Voodoo location. Cupples & Skatie showed us an interesting area under the Morrison bridge before we crossed the Steel bridge and headed back to Voodoo Too after taking a peek at the Burnside skate park, which was full of kids with skateboards. Jeff, a referee from Atomic City, joined us for the skate.

The Sunday Funskate, lead by Captain Obvious, was an interesting loop throughout SE Portland. The route featured several awesome sections of fresh, smooth, downhill pavement and very few dangerous sections of road. Definitely worth pursuing for endurance/fitness work in the future if done at a more demanding pace.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:43 pm
Site Admin

Busted my ass at Burnside skate park. It's pretty aggro and not a good layout for roller skates- definitely a boarder haven. We didn't stay long.

Ed Benedict has a couple cool features but definitely isn't as fun as Pier or Glenhaven for skates- again, better on a board. We had a good time- Bawdy was shooting, she'll prolly post photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bawdy/

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:17 pm

I really enjoyed the Sunday Funskate. It's a great 7 mile route that's a good alternative to the waterfront for a more advanced outdoor skate than the waterfront.

Kill

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:41 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]