It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:37 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Sunday the 20th Floor Laying Down. 

Post Sunday the 20th Floor Laying Down.
There is an email circulating but I wanted to post this as well and I will follow this up with an announcement on Thursday.

So as not to have to spend a large chunk of already slim on-skates time I have arranged with RCR to get access to the floor at 8am this Sunday. Historically speaking every time we have to load the floor back in to the Hangar it eats up a major chunk of our practice time laying out the track once the girls are done laying the sport court down. To avoid this I have gotten early access to it at 8am. I realize that there are likely already a bunch of you reading this groaning and complaining. Shut up!!! Sometimes you have to bloody your knuckles on sport court or burn your palms on vinyl tape to enjoy the thing you love. I will be there at 8am with coffee and some doughnuts. Bring work gloves if you have them because the floor can be pretty gnarly on the hands especially if it is cold.

I appreciate, in advance, the hard work that you as a league are going to put in to make sure that all of us can enjoy a full practice.

PS... I have no sympathy for anyone complaining about how early this is. I normally get about 4-5 hours of sleep max, I wake up at 4am and am borderline schyzophrenic. ie...just be there.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Post Re: Sunday the 20th Floor Laying Down.
I have a 14-month old kid and report to work at 6am. If I go to the gym, it's at 4am. Showing up somewhere for 8am in my world is a kindness, allowing me to sleep in for once. Count me in!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Thank you Paul. One clarification to be made is that there will be a Training Committee meeting during that time as well which will require the attendance of seven of our members. They will join us as soon as they are done. They have another job to do and I don't want to hear that they are dodging the work. If you are able to make it I will be watching the post. It is an 8am call time. If you have conflicts but can make it before 9:30 there will still be work so don't show up at 9:45 and say anything if you didn't make the effort. I will be making an announcement tonight at Endurance as well. Great opportunity for the new guys and older guys to spend some time getting to know one another. Don't miss out.

If you need to contact me for any reason my phone is 256 762 1779.

Thank you all for your efforts on behalf of the league,
Collides Dale

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:39 am

I will be there, and will do as much as possible before I have to duck out for the TC draft meeting.

~Demon

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I am always ready to help!

However I must say the tone of the original post was a little harsh considering nobody had posted a single reply. It is very common to create ones own reality. " What we resist persists " Maybe next time assume everyone is going to contribute...

I am new to the league so I don't know the history. That is my perspective and I will see y'all there bright and early..

Soul Jam

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Lol, It's just the way he types, Soul Jam. I doubt there's anything sinister in his post. I'm totes on board too. Besides all the points Collides Dale made, Laying track is good PR with RCR and a pretty fun time actually.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Do not assume to estimate the level of my sinister-ist-ter-ism-ness...stuff. I am the firestarter!!!!! On another note, Thank you all for your posts. Sorry if the original message seemed a bit agro it was meant only to sternly state the facts as they are at the moment not as we think they should be. I have also gotten plenty of verbal confirmations from those that attended on Tuesday and will reannounce it tonight to grab more warm bodies.

Cheers,
Collides Dale

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:37 am

I'm a huge fan of NCIS and Gibbs says "never apologize, it's a sign of weakness." :twisted:

Although there are times when it's appropriate, I read it as, "we could really use all the help we can get so get your tired butt out of bed and come help out".

I'll be there as well. It will be a chance for me to get a good look at the track without falling on it first! ;)

L8r sk8rs

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:56 am

I will still be at work when all of this goes down, so I will not be able to help you guys. Sorry.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I know that this is a little delayed. With the three day weekend and work I was not able to post until now. I just wanted to shout out and say thanks to everyone who showed up at the god awful time of 8am and even with the few set backs we laid the floor in record time of about 35 min. That is by and far very impressive. I know that laying down the track still took longer than it should have and possibly longer than it did last time but we still added 30 minutes to our Sunday practice giving us an hour and a half as compared to one hour. I am very proud of you all for showing up and making it happen.

Thank you and Cheers,
Collides Dale

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]