It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:09 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Invitation to RCR Skate-O-Thon 

Post Invitation to RCR Skate-O-Thon
PMRD:

Rose City Rollers have a fundraiser coming up and want everyone to be involved. This one is going to be fun!
The money raised goes to Wheels of Justice and Rose CIty Rose Buds.

http://www.rosecityrollers.com/events/u ... te-o-thon/

Rose City Rollers SKATE O THON a 9 mile loop through portland
When: July 31st
Start time: 1:30pm at the Oak Park Hanger
As a thank you all participants will be invited to attend the RCR End of the year BBQ to follow at Oaks Park. RCR is providing food and drinks, but are also inviting attendees to bring a side dish to share.

*There are two prizes for who raises the most money*
Most money raised get s a Della Bella Facial
Runner up gets a $30 breakfast at the Montage
Mel Mangles has also offered 3 hours free coaching/lesson to the skater who raises the most $$.

Who is welcome to participate in the skate o THON?
Any skater willing to spend part of their Saturday raising $$ for RCR

Its easy, follow these step to get involved:
1. Take a look at S8thon sample e-mail (below this post) and Skate o Thon commitment form (attached to this post) Use these forms to collect money and send emails. (You can be as creative as possible to collect money from you friend, use our sample email, post of Face book, twitter and or send out group emails.)
2. Email Blood Clottia and Scrappy Go Lucky to let them know you are participating; linzg88@hotmail.com, Bloodclottia@yahoo.com
3. Collect donations from your- friends, family, co-workers and everyone on your personal email list.
4. With each on-line donation you get ,send an e-mail to Scrappy, linzg88@HOTMAIL.COM
this will help us track.
Your check and Cash donations also turn in to Scrappy. The latest date to turn in donation is 5 days after the Skate O Thon
5. If your need a receipt: download the donor receipt and email to your donor.

Thanks Everyone!

SAMPLE EMAIL:

Dear Friends and Family,

I am skating 9 miles in the 2010 Rose City Rollers Skate-o-Thon to help our All Star team, the Wheels of Justice on the road to Nationals! Wheels of Justice are ranked 4th in the WEST and 6th in the country!

Click here to support me as a donating sponsor to the Skate-o-Thon http://www.rosecityrollers.com/events/u ... te-o-thon/ to donate online, or you can mail me a check to ___________blahblah.

Roller derby has been such a huge part of my life, and by supporting me in the Skate-o-Thon_____(Why you love Derby)_________________________. I am excited to help raise money for the Rose City Rollers and to help our ALL STAR TRAVEL TEAM, The Wheels of Justice, compete and secure a spot in the Regional Tournament hosted by the Sacred City Derby Girls in Sacramento, California on October 1-3rd, 2010.

The skate-o-thon will cover a nine-mile loop from Oaks Park, down the Springwater Corridor, across the Steel Bridge, through the Tom McCall Waterfront Park, across the Hawthorne Bridge and then back to Oaks. Proceeds will help send RCR’s all-star team, The Wheels of Justice, to the 2010 WFTDA Western Regional Tournament. Since Rose City Rollers are a 501(c)3 charity, your donation is tax deductible!

To sponsor your favorite skater, ME!, in this ultra fun and exciting FUNdraiser, go to: http://www.rosecityrollers.com/events/u ... te-o-thon/
You may choose whether you want to contribute by cash, check, or online donation. If you are contributing online, please include your email so we can verify that your funds were received in my name(insert skate name here). You may donate in a lump sum or per mile I skate.

We would like to thank you all, in advance, for your devotion and support to keep the Rose City Rollers on wheels and skating...as we were born to do.

See you at the Sk8othon!

Thank You!
Skater X,
Stumptown Derby

Here is another sample

Dear Friends and Family,

You may know roller derby is a huge part of my life, so I am excited to be skating nine miles in the 2010 Skate-o-Thon organized by the Rose City Rollers. The Skate-o-Thon is an effort to raise money for the for our all star travel team, The Wheels of Justice, as well as The Rosebuds, our junior league. The money raised will help both teams continue to travel and compete with other leagues regionally and nationally.

This letter is a request to sponsor me in my support of The Rose City Rollers, you can either sponsor me by the mile or as a lump sum. There is a suggested amount of $2 per mile or $10 total, or please give more if you can!
You can visit: http://www.rosecityrollers.com/events/u ... te-o-thon/ to donate online, or you can mail a check to ________________________________________________________________. Since Rose City Rollers are a 501(c)3 charity, your donation is tax deductible!

The skate-o-thon will cover a nine-mile loop from Oaks Park, down the Springwater Corridor, across the steel bridge, through the Tom McCall waterfront park, across the Hawthorne Bridge and then back to Oaks. Proceeds will help send RCR’s all-star team, The Wheels of Justice, to the 2010 WFTDA Western Regional Tournament in Sacramento, California. The Wheels have trained hard and skated harder to move up in rankings to 4th in the WEST and 6th in the country!

I would like to thank you in advance, for your devotion and support in keeping the Rose City Rollers on wheels.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:10 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]